Friuli-Venezia Giulia Gift Basket
Our Regional-Inspired Gift Baskets Include ALL of the Following:
- QTY 1 Colored Print of the Specific Region’s Crest or Flag
- QTY 2 One (1) LB Bags of All Natural Pasta
- QTY 2 Gourmet Seasoning or Spice Mix
- QTY 2 Regional Hard Candy or Sweet
- QTY 2 Candles or Regional Ornaments
- QTY 1 Glass Bottle of High Quality Olive Oil
- QTY 1 Re-Usable Wood Basket
Friuli-Venezia Giulia conserved, in its cuisine, the historical links with Austria-Hungary. Udine and Pordenone, in the western part of Friuli, are known for their traditional San Daniele del Friuliham, Montasio cheese, and Frico cheese. Other typical dishes are pitina (meatballs made of smoked meats), game, and various types of gnocchi and polenta.
The majority of the eastern regional dishes are heavily influenced by Austrian, Hungarian, Slovene and Croatian cuisines: typical dishes include Istrian Stew (soup of beans, sauerkraut, potatoes, bacon and spare ribs), Vienna sausages, goulash, ćevapi, apple strudel, gugelhupf. Pork can be spicy and is often prepared over an open hearth called a fogolar. Collio Goriziano, Friuli Isonzo, Colli Orientali del Friuli and Ramandolo are well-known DOC regional wines.